The GEM aims to develop, promote and uphold the shared interests of its members to the authorities and the general public. With this in mind, it is a relevant, federative key player, working for the shared interest of multinationals and the wider economy.
It positions itself as a representative partner of its members, particularly with authorities and administrations. Its position papers may be made public.
The GEM gives its support to multinational companies, particularly in the following sectors:
- A stable and predictable legal and regulatory framework;
- A long-term policy vision;
- Attractive, competitive and responsible taxation;
- Good industrial relations;
- An effective social security system;
- A multilingual workforce;
- An environment that encourages innovation and research & development;
- High-quality infrastructures;
- Safety of persons and protection of property.